Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Introduction

Hello friends...

This is the first edition of a new email/blog that I will be sending out/posting every so often to share book reviews, author bios and whatever else I find interesting.

The idea for this email came from a friend of mine (Thanks Bart!) who sends out a music-related email every week. I've loved receiving his emails and hearing all that he knows about music/artists/producers/etc. and I thought that I could do a similar thing for what I'm passionate about, books. For the most part, I'll be talking about non-fiction books (sorry all you Harry Potter fans) so I hope that doesn't scare too many of you off. I've found that the most amazing, unbelievable, inspiring stories out there are ones that are true...that's what sometimes makes them so incredible. I've read some fascinating books over the past few years and look forward to sharing some of them with you. The other purpose of this list is to have you share back with me. I'm always looking for good books to add to my "To Read" list, so please feel free to add comments to any (and every) post with your recommendations.

So, without further ado, I introduce to you...
By the Book

1 comment:

kelly said...

Awesome idea, Spence! Thanks for sharing with me...I am a total booknerd (or I guess bookworm is the appropriate term). I LOVE nonfiction and only read them for a while until my better half (isn't that the weirdest way of putting it?) got me back into fiction. I'm sure he's already tried the whole "fiction is nonfiction" line on you. Anyway, I look forward to reading your recommendations and thoughts.